CopyPress assignments often include specific linking requirements which are addressed in the Style Guide. Links are added to content by utilizing anchor text and target URLs. Anchor text is a selection of text with an embedded link. The text often appears as an underlined word. Users can click on the words to be taken to another website. A target URL is the link that is embedded in the anchor text.
- Example: CopyPress
- CopyPress is the anchor text
- http://www.copypress.com/ is the target URL.
How to Insert a Link in the CMS
- Select the anchor text. Highlight the text you would like to link. While the text is highlighted, select the button that looks like a chain link. A pop-up will open.
- In the pop-up, insert the link as the Target URL.
- Set the link to open in a new window. Toggle the Target bar to “Open link in a new window.” (Links that are added in the CMS will be automatically set to open in a new window. But links that are pasted from Word or another word processing program may not.)
- Click Insert.
- Check the link. Test the link to make sure it opens to the correct page.